1. Wash and scrub then peel the salsify.
2. Using the peeler make strips the full length of the root to create the tagliatelles.
3. Place salsify tagliatelle strips in cold water with the lemon juice to avoid oxidization until all salsify tagliatelle is complete.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and cook the salsify tagliatelle for 6-8 minutes until tender or “al dente”.
5. In a separate pan cook the chopped bacon with the oil until coloured
6. Add the halved tomatoes and chopped chilli to taste.
7. Toss in the salsify, basil, seasoning and an extra drizzle of oil. Serve.