1. Heat oven to 170°C (Fan) /340°F (Fan)/Gas Mark 5 & gather all your ingredients.
2. Cut your larger Albert Barlett Jersey Royals in half. Add the potatoes to a saucepan. (There is no need to peel them, which is one of the joys of new potatoes). Cover with boiling water and gently simmer for five minutes.
3. Simmer them very gently with the water barely moving. You don’t want the potatoes to get too soft or to start to break up, so don’t boil them too quickly!
4. Once the potatoes have started to soften, drain and allow to dry.
5. Peel and slice the onion and garlic then place them in an ovenproof dish with the potatoes and olive oil.
6. Rinse the capers and olives to remove the brine, scatter them over the potatoes and season. Stir to coat everything with the oil.
7. Place in the oven and roast uncovered for 35–40 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
This recipe was kindly created for Albert Bartlett by Food Blogger, Fuss Free Flavours.