Albert Bartlett and Sons (Airdrie), a market leader in food manufacturing, is currently seeking an experienced Forklift Truck Driver. As a result of continued growth, we are looking to recruit a qualified Intake Fork Lift Truck Driver to join our team on a full time basis.
Hours / Days of Work:
Monday to Friday 12.00 – 20.00 and every third Saturday 0800 to job and finish.
37.5 Hours – Full time Permanent
Role and Responsibilities
The Forklift Driver is responsible for the unloading of raw potato product and servicing of production lines by use of forklift truck. You will identify incoming product by liaising with department managers as well as ensuring boxes are correctly stacked in allocated bays. You will also liaise with department managers with regards to all quality issues.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to record accurate load information.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Ability to work independently and carry out tasks with little supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Forklift/Counterbalance Licence, Pallet Truck Licence.
- Experience of fork lift truck / pallet truck driving in fast moving environment.
- Standard Grades English, Maths (Desirable).
- Good Communication Skills.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
All applicants should hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift Licence and have previous working experience within a FMCG environment.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to learn, be a good team player, have an ability to pay attention to detail, and have a strong sense of good customer service. The role will involve attaining Company production targets to satisfy customer demands, very often to tight schedules.
- Full training will be provided
- Free car parking
- Staff canteen
- Uniform provided
Salary: £8.25 to £8.36 per hour (Shift allowance may also apply)
How to apply: If you meet the criteria above then please send your CV to: