Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
For the Potatoes
Peel the Vivaldi potatoes
- Chop up into approx 1cm cubes and pop in a bowl.
- Combine the garlic powder, paprika and balsamic vinegar with 1tbsp rapeseed oil and brush onto the potatoes.
- Pop the coated potatoes onto a baking tray and place in the pre-heated oven.
For the salmon
- Meanwhile, put a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with a dash of rapeseed oil.
- Add the low fat cream cheese and the pesto and give a quick stir.
- Next add the cubed salmon chunks and cook for 3-4 minutes, stiring continuously until the salmon is cooked through.
- The sauce will go quite think and chucky and the olive oil will split away from the sauce – this is what will make it taste extra delicious so don’t be alarmed!
- Try to get your timings right so that your salmon is cooked at the same time as the potatoes are done.
- Serve together with a big salad or lots of veggies.
Healthy Heart Tip: Home-made pesto is quick and easy to make and lower in salt. Simply blend a handful of basil leaves, clove of garlic, sprinkle of pine nuts and a splash of olive oil.