- First, shake the Rooster Homestyle Chips onto a tray and bake in a hot oven until golden and crisp. Season with a little salt.
- While they’re cooking, prepare the tomato and pepper salsa and avocado. When the chips have cooled slightly, top them generously with spoonfuls of salsa, avocado and sour cream.
For the tomato and pepper salsa
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and using a sharp knife carefully remove the seeds. Finely dice the tomato flesh and put into a mixing bowl.
- Peel the pepper using a potato peeler, then cut it in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Slice the pepper into strips and finely dice, then add to the tomatoes in the mixing bowl.
- Peel the red onion, halve and finely dice it, then add to the mixing bowl along with the chilli powder, smoked paprika and rapeseed oil.
- Roughly chop the coriander and mix it through the salsa.
For the avocado
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Peel off the skin of the avocado, and roughly chop the flesh, then place into a bowl.
- Grate the zest of the lime into the avocado. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the avocado.
- Peel the shallot and cut in half lengthways, finely dice and add to the avocado.
- Cut the chilli in half, remove the stalk and seeds, then finely dice and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the coriander, including the stems, and add to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well before serving.