- Firstly grab hold of your shallots, ginger, garlic, chilli, cloves, turmeric and lemon and lime zests, and throw them into a coffee grinder or mini chopper.
- Then process these ingredients in to a smooth paste. If you feel it needs help to puree, add a splash of coconut milk to the mixture.
- Take a large frying pan and add the paste, and begin to stir in your coconut milk.
- Following this, add your potatoes to the pan and bring them to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover and check often, adding water as needed to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- When the potatoes are almost tender, add the carrot, beans, tamari and salt to the mix, and stir it all in.
- Continue to cook until your vegetables are tender and the sauce has completely thickened, so it coats the vegetables.
- Once this is done, squeeze some zested lime over your delicious dish, and continue to add more seasoning as desired.
There you have it, a quick and simple way to mix up your eating habits, and bring some unique Asian experiences into your kitchen. Before you know it, you’ll be mixing it up more often than not. Enjoy.