Hosting a dinner party? Or simply want something delicious for lunch? Then try these exquisite smoked salmon potato nests by Lisette Henry from http://www.lisetteloves.com/
- Place the potatoes (skin on) in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until just cooked – if you over cook it will make the next part very tricky. Refrigerate the potatoes for at least 1 hour – overnight if you are able to.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel and roughly grate the potatoes.
- Toss the grated potatoes with salt and lots of pepper.
- Place a heaped spoonful into each mini cake mould and press down to form a small nest and press against the bottom and sides of the mould to make sure there are no gaps.
- Bake the nests in the oven for up to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the nests on a wire rack to cool.
- One cool pipe or spoon in a little soured cream and top with a sliver of smoked salmon.