Albert Bartlett & Sons (Airdrie) Limited (company number SC037896), with registered office at New Monkland, 251 Stirling Road, Airdrie, North Lanarkshire ML6 7SP, United Kingdom (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Albert Bartlett & Sons (Airdrie) Limited.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.albertbartlett.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to www.albertbartlett.co.uk including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- You may be given the opportunity to sign up to our newsletter. When you do so, we ask for some basic personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to send you email newsletters. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters from us, please use the unsubscribe link in the email or contact us at email@example.com.
What cookies are
When users enter www.albertbartlett.co.uk their computers will automatically be issued with ‘cookies’. Cookies are text files which identify users’ computers to Albert Bartlett servers. The website then creates ‘session’ cookies to store some of the preferences of users moving around the website, e.g. retaining a text-only preference. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users, but identify only the computer used and they are deleted on departure from the website. Many websites do this to track traffic flows, whenever users visit those websites.
We use third party Google Analytics cookies to measure use of www.albertbartlett.co.uk including number of visitors, how frequently pages are viewed, and the city and country of origin of users. This helps to determine what is popular and can influence future content and development.
For this purpose, we use Google Analytics to measure and analyse usage of the website. The information collected will include IP Address, pages visited, browser type and operating system. The data will not be used to identify any user personally.
If you would like to receive more information on Google Analytics and the kind of information that it collects and processes, we refer you to the Google Analytics website.
Your options with cookies on this site
By changing the settings of your browser, you may opt to accept cookies, to be informed when a cookie is being placed on your computer, or to reject all cookies. Please consult the help utilities included within your browser. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of this website.
The law requires that we can only store cookies if you first give your active consent. If you continue to use this website after reading this, then you will have given your consent. If you do not wish to give your consent, please leave this website immediately.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of www.albertbartlett.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to www.albertbartlett.co.uk; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from www.albertbartlett.co.uk is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This can include notifications about the launch of new products, recipes, competitions, offers or other relevant news articles that you might find interesting.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. If you specifically sign up to our newsletter, we will never pass this personal information to a third party.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 men aged under 50 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Albert Bartlett & Sons (Airdrie) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
www.albertbartlett.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.